Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dacy Caroline's First Trip to Grammy, Pop's and Uncle Jake's!

After a great weekend at Dacy and Rob's Easter weekend, Dacy and Dacy Caroline decided to come home with Grammy and Pops and spend the week. It was the tax deadline and Rob had major amounts of work to do!!

We've had a blast!! I've got nothing done, but that's okay!! We've played, went strolling, had a few visits from aunts and uncles and a few friends, and stayed up late at night. I think I even got a real smile out of her that was not gas or milk induced!!!

It was so great to have the four of us, well now five including Dacy Caroline, at home for a time. It was kind of like old times before Dacy and Rob got married. We've had great family time every afternoon and in the evenings. It's amazing how a baby brings us all together. We all stopped our busy schedules and made time for each other. We need to do that daily and not let life get in the way of relationships.

For me, it is often the same way with my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Life gets so busy so often that I do make time for my relationship with Him. We all often need reminders that our priorities need to be realigned yet once again. I know God allows circumstances in our daily to help us accomplish this. I thank HIM for reminding me yet once again to make time for the REALLY important things in our life. I recall a wise pastor who took the order of creation and applied it to the ordering of our priorities. He made the comment that our priorities should be God, family, and church - in the order they were instituted in the Bible. We all need to keep that in the front of our minds daily.

I got to run. Dacy Caroline is calling me to hold her. They go home tomorrow, Friday, April 17. I need to get all the loving I can get before they leave. There will be lots of pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment