Monday, March 23, 2009

Glimpses of Mema!!

The more I look at Dacy Caroline and view pictures of her and listen to comments made by others about her hair color and mannerisms, the more I am convinced that these seemingly insignificant characteristics are really very significant.

Dacy Caroline has auburn colored hair. Everyone has remarked about her hair color. Robert's dad has strawberry blonde hair so we thought that is where she got it. However, as I thought more about where she may have gotten it I can't help but think of my mother. Of course, I only remember my mother with gray or white hair. But my sisters and daddy talk about Mother's beautiful hair when she was a young lady which was auburn colored!!!

Dacy Caroline often will fold her hands across her chest and more often than not will intertwine her fingers. I was looking at pictures of mother and there was one sticking out lower than the rest. All I could see in the picture was her hands folded in her lap with her fingers intertwined. I immediately thought of the similarities between these two special people in my life.

I would like to think that Mema "kissed" the color into Dacy Caroline's hair in Heaven before God placed her in Dacy's womb. Is it possible that God has allowed Dacy Caroline to have these characteristics of my mom, Mema, to help me have glimpses of her whenever I see Dacy Caroline? All I know is that God helps heal the heart after a loss in a number of ways. At certain points in our walk through grief over the loss of a loved one, little parts of the heart are healed. I think God has done a little more healing in my heart by allowing me to see Mema in and through Dacy Caroline.

I love you, Mother!!! and I will never forget!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen little glimpses of my Granny (dad's mom) in Aiden too, especially when she used to fold her little hands like that! I really think God lets our loved ones pick them out to send to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Sweet! God is so good! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO sweet Mrs. Terri!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete